Thank you so much for visiting this blog! Every views, likes and comments are very much appreciated. :) Please feel free to leave your page link along with your comment as well so we all can check it out! : )

Friday 11 April 2014

REVIEW & SWATCHES: NYX Jumbo Lip Pencil (712 Plush Red)

Hello thereeeee!

I don't know about you, but I love love loveeeeee NYX! Whether it's their glosses, lipsticks, eyeshadows, etc. However, today I have a review post regarding their Jumbo Lip Pencil.

Basic information:
Colour - Plush Red (712)
Colour Range - 24 shades
Price - THB195 (This is approximately 6USD)
Capacity - 5g

Packaging 




Product






Before Application


(Sorry for the super uneven and dry lips! I didn't apply any lip balm on since I don't want the lip balm to sheer out the true pigmentation of the lip pencil. Lip balm/Chapstick tends to do that sometimes, I don't know why! >_<)



After Application
 

 This is what it would look like if you apply a little product and blends it out with your finger. (So pigmented!)


 This is what it would look like if you apply the product straight from the tube like you would normally apply your lipstick without blending out the colour and/or blotting it. (Crazy, beautifully pigmented colour ♡)

Pros:
  • Not only is the colour suuuuuuuper duuuuuuuper pigmented, it's also very smooth and blend able!
  • Last for about 4-5 hrs without eating/drinking/smearing the product. However, it does stain your lips since the product is very pigmented, so you don't have to keep re-applying.
  • The price (~6USD). What an affordable price!
Cons:
  • Despite the good points I mentioned about this product, I would have to say that this is not the best product when faded. After eating/drinking or do your thing, if you don't properly remove/wipe it, it will leave an uneven patches of product all over your lips; whether your lips are dry or proper moisturised.  
  • The packaging. I absolutely don't adore the lid of the pencil. If you're not careful when taking off the lid, you can easily smudge the beautiful product in a matter of second! (=_= )
  • The smell. It has quite a strong chemical smell when you smell the product directly. However, I don't smell anything while applying. Unless you're like 1cm close to the product, you can't smell anything.
 Other information/thoughts:
  • I don't know if you can tell by looking at the photos above, but my lips actually look less dry when product is fully applied rather than a little bit applied and blended out. If you're planning on buying this product but you don't regularly wear bold colours, I would recommend you to go with nude or more of a my-lip-but-better colours; since I think this product looks the best when fully applied. 
    • If you fully applied it, it has a very smooth and semi-matte finish.
    • If you applied a little bit then blends it out, the finish would look quite streaky, dry and uneven. (✖ Not recommended! ✖)
  • The colour is very true to the packaging. But just in case, make sure you swatch and see if you like the colour first before purchasing. (if there are samples available)
  • Considering the pigmentation, I think this product would last me a very long time because I don't have to keep on re-applying and it does stains my lips.
All in all, I would give this product a 8.5/10


Hope this post was somewhat helpful to you guys. :) Thanks for reading! Bye~

2 comments:

  1. Very helpful posts, sounds like there are some great benefits and it looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely is a great product. Considering the pros, cons and pricing, I do recommend you to check it out because it may works differently for you. :)

      Delete